We also provide custom training to organisations, whether as a training workshop or as a conference presentation. We have already provided said services to a number of national sports agencies such as SportScotland, British Gymnastics, England Squash, Scottish FA, Welsh Sports Association and England Athletics.
Our tailored training service provides you with the ability to host a fully tailored training course for your delegates to meet your training requirements, complete with all audio-visual resources and relevant course material. You decide on the course content, venue, date and time and we do the rest.
Our workshops are fully interactive (where required), utilising the very latest wireless keypads to enable delegates to participate fully in a team quiz and discussions based on the content of the workshop, making it instructive and fun at the same time!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The first step is to call us to arrange a free and informal telephone chat to discuss your training requirements. We will then outline the service we believe will best meet your needs for your consideration.
We will then liaise with you to determine the required workshop content and resources, including any required handouts.
We then set up and deliver the required training to your delegates on your chosen date, collect and collate the course feedback on the day and then report back to you with their conclusion and comments (as required).
WHAT DOES IT COST?
We charge a fixed fee for our tailored training service, based on the workshop duration, as follows:
This fee includes travel costs (within a radius of 300 miles from Telford, Shropshire), preparatory work and consultancy, audio-visual equipment, setup/take down time, any required resources and any payment processing charges.
Please note that the prices do not include VAT. The cost also includes our final written report on the workshop feedback, as required. Please note that the training service can be booked for evenings and weekends at no additional charge, subject to availability.
WHAT WORKSHOPS DO YOU OFFER?
Listed below are our most popular workshops and the topics we can cover. You can mix and match the topics from different workshops if you want and fully tailor your workshop for your customers.
We can advise you on what can be covered in the time frame available and provide a range of hard copy or online resources to compliment the workshop content. Please contact us if your topic is not listed – it’s very likely we already have a workshop ready to deliver on your required topic!
HOW TO PASS A TAX INSPECTION
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to what happens when your organisation is chosen for a tax inspection by HMRC (the tax authorities), covering the following topics:
- How do HMRC choose who to inspect?
- What happens during an inspection?
- Details of the powers of investigation an inspector has
- A guide to the administrative areas HMRC investigate
- Details of the most common issues that result in fines
- How to maintain compliant bookkeeping records
- How to limit personal liability if things go wrong
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to the legal requirements of running a sports club for those on a club committee, covering the following topics:
- Club legal status – When should a club become a limited company?
- Protecting members from personal liability
- Making sure you’re recognised as non-profitmaking
- The responsibilities of a committee member
- CASC or Charitable status – the pros and cons
- Insurance for clubs – taking reasonable care
- Paying Volunteers – what you can and can’t pay as expenses
TAKING ON STAFF – SELF EMPLOYMENT
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to the HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs) requirements relating to engaging the services of a self-employed person to work at your club/in your programme, covering the following topics:
- What exactly is self-employment?
- What are the HMRC rules and regulations for clients when paying self-employed workers?
- Who is responsible for correctly declaring self-employment?
- What happens if HMRC declare your self-employed worker to be an employee?
- How does the club demonstrate the self-employed worker meets the HMRC guidelines?
- How do you check whether you meet the guidelines without alerting HMRC??
TAKING ON STAFF – EMPLOYMENT & CASUAL WORKERS
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to the HMRC requirements relating to taking on employees/casual workers to work at your club/in your programme, covering the following topics:
- What exactly is an employee and a casual worker?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages of both when compared to using self-employed workers?
- What administration is required when taking on employees/casual workers?
- How do you tax an employee/casual worker?
- What is the difference between employment and casual work?
- How do we pay an employed person for only the hours we have work for?
- What is zero hours work?
MARKETING FOR SPORTS CLUBS
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to the marketing and branding of a sports organisation, including the following topics:
- What exactly is marketing?
- How to ensure you make a great first impression
- Getting the basics right – making sure you’re ready for customers
- Planning and pricing your services
- Branding your organisation
- Using Social Media – why your organisation must be on Facebook!
- Attracting children and young adults into your club
- How to run a GREAT open day!
- Details of real-life examples of great marketing ideas in sport
BOOKKEEPING MADE SIMPLE
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to the bookkeeping practices required when running a sports organisation, including the following topics:
- What is Bookkeeping?
- HMRC requirements for accurate and legible bookkeeping records
- Income and Expenditure explained
- Understanding your accounts – balance sheets and assets
- Presenting accounts to members – what they need to know
- Cash flow and budgeting
- VAT – what is it and how it works
- Expenses – what you can and can’t claim for
- How to pass a Tax Inspection
IT FOR SPORT
This interactive workshop provides an essential guide to using a computer to help you run your organisation efficiently:
- Getting online – buying and setting up your domain name
- How to create, host and maintain your own web site on a shoestring
- Using MailChimp to send your email newsletters
- Computerising your bookings
- Computerising your accounts
- Taking online payments
- Using WordPress to run your club membership
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
Contact us on 01952 201657 to arrange a free and informal chat about your training requirements or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.